返回列表 发帖

利用现代科技复原珊瑚礁和管理海岸线

大家好,

请大家宣传以及支持下面这个项目。这个项目的发起人是今年TED Global Conference的TED Fellow,Joey Ellis。他也是唯一一个来自中国的TED Fellow。他是长期在北京工作的美国艺术家。他的很多项目都有关环境与公民社会。以下是项目的链接和介绍。

谢谢!
Ellen

========================================

http://www.kickstarter.com/proje ... fu-for-coral-health

我需要的不多,一美元就够了。我希望通过这个项目唤醒公众的意识,激发更多的交流和行动。
我和我的团队计划将一批有关珊瑚礁的国际出版物翻译成中文。通过平面设计、动画与文字的结合,我们希望这些材料能触发某些改变。在这个过程中,我们将重组整合信息,使其成为更容易被大众接受的平面设计和动画,并且简化问题,突出解决方案。我们不仅希望唤醒公众意识,更关注提出和找到珊瑚礁保护问题的解决方案!

您也许会问:“这项翻译工作难道不是一件容易的事情么?为什么需要资金支持呢?”
因为我们关注的这些材料是是冗长的学术性材料,它们用科学方法证明了哪些方案可行而哪些方案不可行。 我们的目标是影响那些有能力改变现状的人。为了达到这个目标,我们需要来自公众和政府等多方的支持。

您可能会问:“你们具体地关注哪些主题?”
我们特别关注如何利用现代科技复原珊瑚礁(例如BIOROCK方法)和管理海岸线。我们还计划向公众阐述以下问题:
1. 珊瑚礁如何保护海岸线免遭洋流、海浪和风暴造成的侵蚀。
2. 珊瑚礁如何扩展了陆地和海滩的范围并且积极地维持了海洋生物多样性。
3. 珊瑚礁如何化解海浪和风暴的能量,创造出适合红树林和海草生长的泄湖和沉积环境。
4. 旅游业是全球最大的产业,提供了全球10%的工作岗位。珊瑚礁能在哪些方面推动旅游业的发展。

您可能还会问:“还有其他的吗?”
我们强调生态旅游业的经济潜力远远超过渔业的。每年全球生态旅游业带来的收入是渔业的25倍!惊人的数字还不止这个:在某些地方,一平方公里的珊瑚礁能创造300万美元的价值;而在同样面积的海域进行一次毁灭性捕鱼,只能带来15000美元的收入,而且是一次性的。中国是世界上正在进行毁灭性捕鱼的问题最严重的地区之一,改变必须尽快促成。

总而言之,我们希望最终能带动中国参与进这项全球性的保护珊瑚礁的行动,并帮助他们认识这项行动将如何改变中国的未来。为了达到这个远期目标,我们首先要唤醒公众的意识。而令人惊讶的是,中国现在还不存在关于珊瑚礁的出版物,这就让我们的项目更有意义和必要。
欢迎您加入我们,和我们一起为改变出一份力!
我们非常尊重您的捐赠意愿。即使您不愿意捐赠,我们也非常希望您能注册并跟进我们的项目,以便您能了解到这个项目的最新进展。我们希望与您一起见证精彩的未来!
项目实施地点:中国海南省。想要了解更多信息,请联系我:Me@josephfosterellis.com;Thomas J. Goreau教授:Goreau@bestweb.net
Giving advice at the right time has to involve a great deal of intelligence.

When a billion Chinese jump for coral.....

If a billion Chinese jump.
When a billion Chinese jump for coral.....
As a young dumb kid I once thought "If everyone in China would jump at exactly the same time, it might shake the earth off its axis and kill us all!". Quite a scary thing for a young boy to think of. However I began to think afterwards that maybe I had it all wrong. Maybe I should have thought if everyone in China would do their part in saving the earth then that in the end might just do the opposite. Think of a billion people changing the world for the better (quite amazing idea, right?).
This is why I have started this project because I think there is hope that China won't destroy the environment but in fact save it for all. I have chosen to start with the coral reefs of southeast China and the coastlines of the mainland because they right now are in the worst shape ever and no one is protecting them. The reason for this is the information isn't out there. Documents need to be translated and people need to be made aware.
I want to translate the large international database of coral reef publications into chinese by using graphic design, animation and just plain writing as an instrument for change. Throughout the process I will reconstruct the information into something public friendly that will simplify whats at stake and highlight how to rectify the problem. I will promote awareness but will focus on the SOLUTIONS!
Now I have never used the power of the crowd to fund such a project. However I feel that there is a lot of people out there that feel the same way I do and might just support my efforts. I'm in no way asking for a lot but just asking for that money spent on a coffee each day or that pack of gum you might buy at the gas station. If everyone donated just 5 dollars then I would be more than on my way. 20 dollars and then I would be set and if you donated more...well you would be supporting a better China that might actually change the world for the better.
I have met you all on my journey of becoming an artist in the last few years and can only thank you for inspiring me to grow and think larger. Two years ago I never would have thought that one person could do so much, but now I have seen it before my very own eyes. Help me do just that by sharing my cause with other people and show that one person can do a lot but a whole bunch can do so much more.
All the best,
Joey

Please help my KICKSTARTER campaign "Kung-Fu for Coral" by clicking here and donating....not a lot but just a little to do your part.
And if you want to know more of what I have been up to go visit www.josephfosterellis.com
Giving advice at the right time has to involve a great deal of intelligence.

返回列表