2#   MyBnk| Who is Lily Lapenna?
3#  i-genius talks to Lily Lapenna, founder and Managing Director, MyBnk Ltd
4#  Lily Lapenna‘s  Profile
5#   MyBnk - case study

to be continued

找到新的资料在楼下继续添加。

research中,发现个不错的文章:
How I started my own business
http://www.lifetracks.com/working/your-career-path/working-for-yourself/how-i-started-my-own-business
Giving advice at the right time has to involve a great deal of intelligence.

http://davespeaks.wordpress.com/2007/03/21/who-is-lilly-lapenna/

MyBnk| Who is Lily Lapenna?

March 21, 2007 by David McQueen

I recently had the pleasure of meeting Lily Lapenna the founder of MyBnk.
MyBnk is a social enterprise whose aim is toincrease financial literacy and to develop young people’s enterpriseskills by giving them a hands-on experience of organizing, running andusing a real bank with real money.
How does it work: MyBnk will set up ‘MyBnk Branches’ also known as‘MyBnk-in-a-Box’ in secondary schools and in youth organisations thatwill provide a convenient place for young people and clubs to save andtake out loans. Cooperative and individual savings will be encouraged.Young people can put their good ideas into practise by taking out small(interest free) loans that can be used towards the development of newenterprises.
I love Lily’s passion. MyBnk is an amazing set of programmes thathave been put in place, and I am looking forward to see how thisproject develops organically. I look forward to working in partnershipwith her and introducing others in my network to this very talented andwonderful woman and social entrepreneur.

http://i-genius.org/member/profile_interview.php/id/789

i-genius talks to Lily Lapenna, founder and Managing Director, MyBnk Ltd

Editor: Did you cry when you heard your name announced as the winner of the New Statesman young social entrepreneur of the year for 2008?
Lily: Hehehe, no but I felt quite nervous and then when I heard my name I just went blank. I was never the award winning type at school so it was like, now I know what it felt like for such and such who got awards! I now tell this story to the young people we work with in schools and they like to hear it, it makes them think they may get an award too one day. I think there should be more awards one for everyone at least once in a lifetime.

Editor: Why do you think you won?
Lily: Hmmm, I don't know.

Editor: Tell us about Mybnk? Is it a real bank?
Lily: MyBnk is as real a bank as need be. It is an innovative youth led banking scheme that offers a savings service and a loans service. Loans are only to be used for setting up enterprising activities. It is a tool that gives young people the knowledge, skills and confidence to manage their money effectively and to make enterprising choices in their lives.

Editor: What are your future plans?
Lily: I want MyBnk to generate a global movement of youth banking. For young people to make financial services work for them rather than against them. For them to be the first generation of informed consumers of banks who consider ethical banking when shopping for a bank that suits their needs.

Editor: You are an Italian woman living in London. Have you ever thought of setting up MyBank in Rome?
Lily: Of course, I would love to, even though getting young people running their own banks in a gerontocracy will be quite a challenge. MyBnk is exactly what Italian society needs to empower young people who are so disillusioned with unemployment and lack of opportunities.
I am saddened by the lack of youth motivation, activism and involvement, which seems to get worst every time I go home. They are becoming voiceless.

Editor: Do you think Italy will produce many more social entrepreneurs in the future?
Lily: Sure against all odds, the social entrepreneurs will emerge, always. I hope the government and civil society start creating stronger foundations to support social entrepreneurs.

Editor: Thank you Lily!

http://uk.linkedin.com/in/lilylapenna

Lily Lapenna‘s  Profile

Lily Lapenna
Lily Lapenna

Founder and CEO MyBnk

London, United Kingdom

* Contact Lily Lapenna
    * Add Lily Lapenna to your network

Current

* Founder and CEO at MyBnk

Education

* School of Oriental and African Studies, U. of London

Recommended
    Lily has 8 recommendations 8 people have recommended Lily
Connections
    198 connections
Industry
    Non-Profit Organization Management
Websites

* My Company
        * My Company

Lily Lapenna’s Experience

Founder and CEO
      MyBnk

(Non-Profit; Primary/Secondary Education industry)

July 2006 — Present (3 years 11 months)

Lily Lapenna is the founder and Managing Director of MyBnk. Lily started her career in international development, focusing on empowerment of young people through non-formal education.
      In Bangladesh, she became aware of the positive impact of micro-finance and saving services. Enthused by what she had seen, Lily created the first ever FSA friendly youth led banking scheme called run by young people for young people, allowing them to save regularly and take out interest free loans to set up enterprising activities. Through this banking scheme and accompanying workshops, young people build the knowledge, skills and confidence to manage their money effectively and to make enterprising choices throughout their lives. Lily has taken MyBnk from a single pilot project to an organisation reaching 10,000 young people in the space of 2 years. Lily was recently awarded the young social entrepreneur of the year by Ed Balls the UK Secretary of State for Children, schools and families. In January 2010 she was awarded the Ashoka fellowship.

Lily Lapenna’s Education

School of Oriental and African Studies, U. of London

African and Development studies ,

Won the Erasmus scholarship to study at The Istituto Orientale in Naples for my second year at university.

Activities and Societies:
          Drama, Friends of Africa, Latin American Bureau

Additional Information
Lily Lapenna’s Websites:

* My Company
    * My Company

Lily Lapenna’s Interests:

social change, poverty alleviation, peer education, financial & enterprise education, public speaking, dancing, the sea....the sea again
Lily Lapenna’s Groups:

Director of FoodCycle, Trustee of CIVA (Centre for Innovation in Voluntary Action), weekly volunteer for HIV charity Body and Soul, Advisor to The Oliver branch for Children in Tanzania.
Lily Lapenna’s Honors:

Ashoka Felllow
Young social entrepreneur of the year
Top 100 ethical entrepreneurs
UnLtd level 1 and 2
My niece Mimi says I am her number 1 aunty!

本帖最后由 Jasmine 于 2010-5-8 03:23 编辑

http://www.knowhownonprofit.org/basics/settingup/csmybnk
MyBnk - case study

Lily Lapenna, founder of MyBnk, shares her experiences of setting up a social enterprise.

MyBnk logoThe idea for MyBnk started when I was at school. I was disillusioned with the overly theoretical nature of learning and frustrated at having so many ideas and so little I could do with them.

As I grew up, I started to study and work in international development in amazing places like Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. I realised that microfinance is a ladder to self-sufficiency for the poor. In essence, microfinance is about unleashing enterprising ideas. During this time, my idea for myBnk was budding.

Coming back to the UK, I found that many people my age were facing spiralling debt; the majority of adults were financially illiterate (myself included of course); more people in the country were getting a divorce than changing banks; and a staggering 150,000 young people were growing up believing that an ISA is an iPod accessory! At this point it all started to make sense to me. The need for MyBnk was evident and my ideas were increasingly untameable. That's when I met the dazzling Michael Norton, author of 365 Ways to Change the World.
Getting started

A few inspiring conversations later, MyBnk began. The seed I planted almost two years ago has grown into an exciting award-winning social enterprise. MyBnk has created the first ever FSA-friendly, youth-led banking scheme run by young people for young people. It allows young people to save and take out interest-free loans to set up enterprising activities. This is accompanied by high-powered assemblies, workshops and projects on ethical banking, money management and ideas generation.

Our innovative educational services are designed to increase young people's financial and enterprise capabilities, as defined by the Department for Children Schools and Families. MyBnk works in secondary schools, colleges and youth groups.

In the first year of running MyBnk I did a lot of work in my sleep. MyBnk would find its way into every one of my dreams. Don't get me wrong, there was nothing esoteric or unworldly about these dreams! On the contrary – they were ridden with detail, process-led and rather bureaucratic, so it was business as usual! I do however remember having two wholly creative dreams that led to vast innovation.
Two years later

I am now approaching year two of running MyBnk. The team has grown to seven people and we have worked with more than 2100 young people. Whilst it is now a rare treat to dream of MyBnk (thank goodness!), on my tube journey to work I know that together with the team and the young people involved in our projects, everyday I will learn something new and more importantly do something with it. It's a joy!
Source

This article was originally published as part of a CASS CCE newsletter.

http://csrglobal.cn/cases_detail.jsp?fid=307627

我的银行,我做主  
          作者:英国驻华使领馆文化教育处    来源:    时间:2011-12-19

MyBnk的员工团队

英国社会企业“我的银行(MyBnk)”是由莉莉 拉帕纳(Lily Lapenna)和她的伙伴于2007年创立的,旨在提供以青年的需求为中心的、实用的金融教育,帮助他们掌握应对这一复杂的、充满挑战的金融世界所必备的技能,从而建立信心,有效地管理个人财务;同时,具备必要的金融知识也可以成为发挥潜能、实现创业的平台或跳板。这种思想和创意贯穿“我的银行”的各项工作中,使得“我的银行”和那些更注重传授有关利率和偿还贷款等学术性内容的组织区别开。这也意味着“我的银行”提供的充满活力、独特的学习体验,不仅可以帮助青年人掌握实用的金融知识和技能,还提供了改变其人生的可能性。

n  需求和理念:

英国的金融教育已经成为一个严峻的问题:在英国,每位成年人平均背负着三万多英镑的债务,其中90%以上的负债者没有接受过任何金融和财务知识的教育。同时,大约有超过四分之一的英国人没有任何存款。这一问题在年轻人中显得尤为突出,许多年轻人都是负债进入成年生活的;在16到25岁之间的青少年中,有近一半的人表示他们最担心的是债务问题,并且十之八、九常常为钱发愁。此外,随着数百种不同的贷款、信用卡和储蓄账户的出现,现在的金融形势比以往任何时候都要复杂。

最近,英国政府试图将金融教育纳入学校课程,但学校的金融教育往往过于抽象、偏重理论,要不然就是有主流银行在背后支持,试图借这些课程达到商业目的,为银行吸引更多年轻一代的客户。而且,英国最贫困地区的那些最弱势的青年往往无法获得此类教育。“我的银行”(MyBnk)可提供以青年的需求为中心的、实用的、体验式的教育方式,为青年提供金融教育,帮助他们掌握应对这一复杂的、充满挑战的金融世界所必备的技能,从而建立信心,有效地管理个人财务。

“我的银行”是由莉莉 拉帕纳(Lily Lapenna)创立的。莉莉•拉帕纳拥有在非洲和亚洲参与国际发展工作的经历。在与青年人一起工作时,特别是在孟加拉国工作时,她认识到了“微金融”的力量,也认识到小额金融扶助对人的技能和信心所产生的巨大影响,及其与增强人们的能力、发挥潜能之间的关系。她从根本上认识到金融可以成为非常强大的教育工具。

回到伦敦之后,莉莉开始学以致用。她创办了一个项目,把金融服务作为实用的学习工具,加深人们对金融的理解,培养人们的责任感,进而为他们提供更多的机会。该项目的一个核心理念是:金融教育可以帮助人们释放和实现企业家精神的潜质,从而把金融知识和创业联系起来。莉莉与迈克 诺顿(Michael Norton)(一位经验丰富的活动家和社会企业家)一起创办了“我的银行”,以期实现上述目标。2007年,一群年轻人在陶尔哈姆莱茨(Tower Hamlets)成立了“我的银行”第一家分支机构。

n  项目实施:

“我的盒中银行”是“我的银行”的核心项目。这是英国首个由英国金融服务管理局批准成立的、由青年人管理的独立的银行业务计划。其目的是仿效真正的银行,为青年客户提供存款和贷款服务,并且由青年人全权管理:一群学生被选中担任银行经理,负责管理储蓄、提供金融方面的建议、审批贷款等。这家银行一般都在休息时间或放学后营业,以方便青年顾客。参与者通过这一实用、体验式的体系可了解到个人理财的基本概念和原则,如利率、银行收费、可靠贷款、道德银行业务、偿还贷款和信用评分等,从而提高自己的金融意识和信心。

除了“我的盒中银行”项目外,“我的银行”还组织了多种关于创业和金融教育的工作坊和活动。有些是短期项目,而有些项目则长达一年以上,包括“创意工作坊”和“商业战争”计划,为参与者提供了比拼创意的机会。在实施这些项目的过程中,组织者特别强调项目的趣味性、可参与性、实用性(而非学术性)和灵活性。“我的银行”的合作对象除了学校之外还有许多各式各样的青年组织。这就保证“我的银行”能够接触到最广泛的年轻人,甚至包括那些被学校开除或以其它方式被边缘化的人群。

“我的银行”坚持创新,开发新的产品,其中包括“盒中企业”项目。该项目为青年人提供创业或成立社会企业所需的工具和支持。”我的银行”近来的发展还包括成立了网上银行系统、Uni Dosh工作坊(针对即将上大学的青少年)和Money Twist(针对九岁以上的青少年学生)。

总体而言,“我的银行”希望通过银行业务计划吸引青年人的参与,鼓励他们学习有关金融的知识,把储蓄和贷款联系起来,向他们传授重要的金融概念,并对创业行为进行激励,提高他们的创业能力。由此看来,该项目的意义就不只是静态的金融教育,而是帮助年轻人发现自我、增强信心和培养创业精神。这也反映在“青年咨询小组”(Youth Advisory Panel)的活动中。该咨询小组早在2007年“我的银行”创立之初就已经成立,现在仍是组织结构和工作的核心,确保组织始终反映、代表青年人的观点。

n  影响:

自2007年起,“我的银行”已经与100多家组织合作,影响了三万四千多名青年人。其中有一半的组织都参与了“我的盒中银行”项目。“我的银行”在英国东南部和伦敦当地等30多个地区运作,并正努力通过社会特许经营将业务扩展到英国西北部地区。随着队伍的不断壮大,有众多青年人通过该项目加深了对金融的理解,提高了金融意识和技能。

项目中的创业活动从各个方面使青年人得到了锻炼,其中有许多人都开展了创业实践,如(为教师)提供制作、配送三明治的服务,洗车服务(学生不但偿还了贷款,还获得了可观的利润),修理自行车等。这些活动所产生的影响是多方面的:既有对个人(增强信心和自尊、增加知识等),对所经营的业务(对经济的理解、创业行为)和对同龄人的影响(通过自身的行动向同龄人展示可能性),还有对更大范围内社区的影响(因为“我的银行”经常是在英国最落后的地区开展活动)。

如果我们把这些影响乘以与“我的银行”合作过的学生和青年人的数量,那么我们大体可以知道“我的银行”的影响力有多大。现在,“我的银行”希望通过社会特许经营的模式将其在伦敦的业务推广到英国各地。

n  经验:

“我的银行”的故事对其他社会企业和社会企业家有很多启发。首先,“我的银行”是由一位热情、聪明、年轻的社会企业家和一位富有社会经验、拥有广泛人脉的伙伴一起创立的。这一组合决定了“我的银行”的组织结构和各种关系,最大限度地保证了其开创性和试验性工作的成功。

其次,从由同龄人管理的青年咨询小组到员工的招募,“我的银行”一直坚持最初的由青年人管理的理念。这一做法是至关重要的,不但能确保这一模式的不断发展和相关性,还能赋予该组织真正的活力和能量,使其区别于那些相对而言比较古板和传统的金融教育项目。例如,“我的银行”在对社会媒体、视频、营销和品牌的使用方面要远远领先于其他竞争者。这有助于“我的银行”从市场中脱颖而出。而随着金融教育被提上政治和教育议程,这一市场也吸引了越来越多的参与者。

再次,“我的银行”一直坚持赋权路线,坚持通过特许经营的方式复制项目。这种复制项目的方法在经济上是可持续的(也涉及了金融交易),并与组织的使命和活动相符。“我的银行”已经与其在英国西北部地区的首位合作伙伴签约进行特许经营,并将这视为符合其原则和价值观的最明智的发展道路。“我的银行”已经拥有了一套定义明确的产品、材料以及由此所产生的成果,并确信可以将其在伦敦和英国东南部所获得的成功复制到英国其它地区。而英国地方当局在实现这一目标的过程中将发挥关键作用。

正如负责扩大“我的银行”规模的梅拉尼 罗宾逊(Melanie Robinson)所言:

“最好的模式似乎是与一家受尊敬的地方组织建立联系,这家组织不但了解当地情况和需求,愿意为当地的青年人提供金融和创业教育,也能看到实施经过验证的项目及我们为培训者所提供的支持的价值。”

通过特许经营,“我的银行”不仅能将其规模扩展到英国各地,那些对“我的银行”模式感兴趣的国家也成为可能。“我的银行”希望特许经营模式能减少现有工作所需要的资金压力,为该组织未来的工作提供更多样化的、可持续的经济基础。目前,“我的银行”的收入主要来源于向青年组织销售服务和项目、私人捐赠、拨款、企业合作和赞助,在此基础上,如果“我的银行”能创收,就会增强其发展的可持续性。

n  结语:

“我的银行”是社会企业发展的一个很好的案例。它的创始人带着对某一问题的热情、使命感和理解创立了这一组织;通过在之后的工作经历中观察其他国家的模式而加深对问题的理解;并与正确的人和组织合作,启动试点项目;且在之后的项目实施过程中一直坚持对这一问题最初的深刻见解。

在对需求的核心理解,或者说由青年人管理的、注重实践的金融和创业教育的基础上,“我的银行”已经发展成为英国最重要的社会企业之一,其创始人莉莉•拉帕纳也成为英国最知名的社会企业家之一。伴随这种认可而来的是各类奖项。莉莉曾获得阿育王英国奖金,并在2011年被提名为“全球青年领袖”。她的主要成就也许是在于她在员工和合作过的青年人中,培养了像她一样充满热忱的“我的银行”的拥护者和支持者。

MyBnk的核心思想就是:金融不仅是关于储蓄、做预算和存钱(尽管这很重要),同时,金融还可以成为发挥潜能、实现创业的平台或跳板。这种联系把“我的银行”和那些更注重传授有关利率和偿还贷款等学术性内容的组织区别开。这一切都意味着“我的银行”提供了一种充满活力、独特的学习体验,使金钱和金融变得更加有趣,帮助青年人掌握一生实用的技能和知识。

“我的银行”是由青年人设立并管理的,这使其更加独立,更易赢得其目标人群-----同龄人的信任,并保持新鲜感和创造力。此外,“我的银行”还试图与社会上最脆弱、最弱势的群体合作,使它受到社会投资者、房地产协会、教育者和政府等的关注。目前,“我的银行”所面临的挑战在于,(通过特许经营的方式)复制成功,提高其影响力,改进措施,继续改变更多青年人的生活。

莉莉•拉帕纳曾说过创立“我的银行”的初衷是:一个年轻人(即她自己)希望掌控自己的未来,也希望能帮助其他青年掌握自己的未来。而“我的银行”正使这一梦想变为现实。

编辑:Gorilla

返回列表